Clean Water Cooperator of the month –October, 2019
Karyl and Norb Affeldt
371 Nottingham Ct, Lake Sherwood
Native plantings and rain diversion
- They’ve eliminated shoreline erosion
- They’ve controlled runoff into the lake from the cul de sac above
- They have a safe environment for aging relatives & friends to visit
- They no longer have geese in their yard, as it’s no longer a safe, open haven for them.
- They have a self-sustaining garden which they mow down to 6” in the spring, allowing it to regenerate naturally, requiring no weeding or special care.
- Drawing irrigation water from the lake, they find that fertilizer is no longer necessary because of the nutrients from the lake water.